segunda-feira, 1 de julho de 2013

Lista de leitura sobre economia monetária

Monetary economics: a reading list

by Kurt Schuler June 30th, 2013 5:05 am

(Lars Christensen recently sent an e-mail asking for suggestions of five books that recipients would recommend to students of monetary economics. I assume that he will be posting the results on his blog, The Market Monetarist. His e-mail prompted me to retrieve the following more detailed survey that I wrote several years ago for my personal Web site, which is currently dark but will be posted again in a new location in a few months. Note that almost all books published in 1922 or before are now available for free someplace on the Internet, and that the Mises Institute has done good work in securing permission to post some newer works for free of the Austrian School and those who have influenced the Austrians. I have made a few updates for this post but have not updated all the links or inserted many new links. In the comments, I welcome suggestions for very important books in monetary economics, in the top 100 out of the many thousands that have been published on the subject.)
The readings here will provide a solid grounding for those interested in monetary theory and history. The list is written with economics graduate students in mind, since as far as I know there is no other recent list on the subject. The list reflects my beliefs in the importance of monetary history and alternatives to central banking. Books with asterisks (*) are those you should start with. The list does not include works on the monetary theory of business cycles. Dates are those of original editions; some books have been reprinted. Foreign readers will notice a predominance of material in English. Almost all the best foreign work in monetary economics has been translated into English.
Somebody asked me if I have really read all these books. I've read more than 90 percent of them all the way through and have read at least parts of all the rest (such as the reference volumes). I welcome suggestions for material to include or delete from the list, which I last updated slightly in January 2007. Some of the recent books may have newer editions than listed below.
Mais

Nenhum comentário: